Monday, December 04, 2006

What Are We Doing?




With all that has been said about this war, I have yet to understand fully why we fight. In fact, I fail to see why America finds it acceptable to kill so many innocent civilians under a dehumanized term such as "collateral damage."


Camelot times with Martin Luther King's dreams filled my naive view of the world with good intentions to make the world a better place. So what happened: I grew up.


Never a time has life been so cruel to wake up in a world different from the day before it. Suddenly knowing what this country is truly capable of doing in its righteous arrogance, that, for which some would call genocide, we would be responsible for so much death.


This war in nothing but a show for the military brass, who are bent on making war films for the next generation, complete with the latest "smart ass bombs" that underestimated the damage it causes. So much so, we had to create a category for the people killed by their destruction.


No, I am not worried about the radical Muslims taking over our country. I am more worried about what collateral damage and smart ass bombs has done to civilians.
Joseph

No comments: